Title: Creating an Electronic Portfolio: Developing a Professional Presence on the Web
Date: Tuesday, January 5th
Time: 10:00AM - Noon
Location: 23 Willard
Electronic Portfolios (e-Portfolios) are dynamic, developmental spaces representing your professional "self" on the Web. They are becoming standard practice for academics, students, and professionals and typically include examples of skills and achievements, as well as a reflective blog element. This hands-on workshop is designed to help attendees become comfortable publishing on the Web.
- Practice publishing to the Web
- Create your portfolio space
- Write a reflective blog post
- Search and comment on the blogs of others
- Add additional material to your portfolio, including tabs and media
- Use tags and categories to organize content
- Discover ways to keep a vibrant portfolio
A Penn State Personal Web space account (if you have not already activated your Personal Web space, apply at https://work.psu.edu/webspace/ two days prior to the date of this workshop); Familiarity with The Blogs at Penn State (https://blogs.psu.edu)
Prior to attending this workshop, please complete the following:
- Think of a name for your portfolio space.
- Think about samples you want to include, such as photos, multimedia files, articles, and other representations of your professional skills and experience.
- Think about topics you are interested in exploring in your writing. Examples include personal and professional projects, issues relating to your career, and topics of interest in your field.