Workshops are offered periodically during the fall and spring semesters as well as during Winterfest and Summerfest. To find and register for upcoming workshops go to the ITS Training Services page and select the "Look for Training" option. Type "e-portfolio" in the search field to pull up a list of upcoming events.
== Workshop Objectives ==
During the workshop we will explore why e-portfolios are becoming the norm in both the academic and corporate setting. We will look at examples of portfolios and discuss the elements that go into making an e-portfolio. Additionally we will:
* Create your portfolio space
* Write a reflective blog post
* Practice publishing to the Web
* Search and comment on the blogs of others
* Add additional material to your portfolio, including tabs and media
* Use tags and categories to organize content
* Discover ways to keep a vibrant portfolio
== Workshop Preparation ==
Prior to attending this workshop, please complete the following:
* If you have not done so, activate your personal web space by going to portfolio.psu.edu, selecting the Log In option and completing the activation quiz.
* Think of a name for your portfolio space.
* Think about samples you want to include, such as photos, multimedia files, articles, and other representations of your professional skills and experience. If possible, bring some along.
* Think about topics you are interested in exploring in your writing. Examples include personal and professional projects, issues relating to your career, and topics of interest in your field.
To get started on your e-Portfolio go to the e-Portfolios @ Penn State site and Log in with your PSU UserID and password.